News & Announcements
Interim Week at STA
Introducing Interim Week at STA
This year, the first three days back from Winter Break (January 9-11, 2019) will be a time of innovation, creation, and discovery as teachers unveil new courses specifically developed for STA students. Interim Week is designed to expose students to new ideas, experiences, and environments, by providing classes that focus on exploratory, hands-on, and interactive learning. The goal is to foster a pursuit of knowledge outside of the normal academic schedule that will allow learners to broaden their appreciation and awareness for the world in which they live.
Sample Interim Week courses include:
- Bugs vs. Drugs: The Problem of Antibiotic Resistance
- Classical Art and Archaeology
- Do you want to be a lawyer?
- KC’s Art, Literature, Music, and Food Scene
Each student may choose to participate in either one class that meets for five hours each day or two classes that meet for two and a half hours each day. This structure gives teachers and students the flexibility to go out in the community, become engrossed in new subjects, and dive into topics with more depth than they would normally be able to in the time constraints of a standard classroom.
Important Enrollment Information
Students must take classes for both periods. The catalog of courses, with descriptions, is accessible electronically. Students will enroll by grade level through a Google survey.
- Senior Class Registration: November 5-6, 2018
- Junior Class Registration: November 7-8, 2018
- Sophomore Class Registration: November 12-13, 2018
- Freshman Class Registration: November 14-15, 2018